Monday, December 05, 2005

Gregg Hoffman, Producer of SAW 1 & 2 (and was scheduled for number 3) had died.

A post on Darren Bousman's Blog:

This weekend I was informed of a terrible and tragic loss of a close friend, Gregg Hoffman. I, as you, always prefaced Gregg Hoffman as the producer and genius behind SAW and SAW II, but I realize now that was only doing Gregg a disservice as 'Hoffman' was much more than the producer of a couple of horror films, he was an extremely passionate and amazing human being.

Gregg Hoffman leaves behind a legacy not only of the films he produced, but of the peoples lives he changed. I only had the honor of knowing Gregg for a little over a year, but within that year he took an insecure Midwesterner with hopes and dreams of being a director and made it reality. "I am going to take you into a war zone" he would tell me "Stick close by me, listen when I tell you things and I promise you, I will not let you down." And Gregg my man, you did not let me down, ever.

Besides being my producer, Gregg was a very close friend. Any person who could put up with my obsessed and insane personality ought to be commended, Gregg did it with a smile on his face.

Gregg, you gave me an opportunity when no one else would. You took a chance when everyone else didn't. You stuck by me through hell and high water, you pushed me to the edge, but were there to make sure I didn't fall off.

Gregg, I thank you... For taking a risk... Being a man of your word... Being a mentor... But more importantly being a great friend.

I will never forget how you changed my life, and everyone else's you came in contact with.

You will truly be missed my friend, and forever remembered.

dlb

This is a tragic loss, a surprising, never expected, Ive never met the man but Im sure he was awesome.

No comments: